Friday, January 15, 2010

The Little Things

Richard here.

I have always thought why buy it when you can make it. Most of my family was related to a farm in some sense. They either owned a farm or grew up on one. I was lucky myself to have been close to both of my maternal great-grandparents, who both had farms almost until death. I spent a lot of time on the farm, following around my great-grandmothers and eating the food that was straight from the farm to the table. I was inspired to go back to those almost long forgotten times.

Part of my research has been to find recipes for those items that I have really taken advantage of, like condiments. Now I know that you can buy all of these items from an organic market, but wouldn't it be better if you knew the person who grew the tomatoes for the ketchup or even grew them yourself? I realize that not everything that you need you can get locally and that's just something I have to come to terms with.

I will be testing recipes that I find and probably making up some of my own along the way. I plan to post my experiences, tips and recipes (only the good ones of course). I have attempted a couple so far, but I want to continue further practice before I share any information.

No comments:

Post a Comment